Tunk Ka Cafe
Based on location alone, Tunk Ka Cafe is a must-visit(-see) place. Located at the very top of Rang Hill. Then you descend to the restaurant down some steps made of huge wooden sleepers, under a canopy of branches, leaves and vines of all kinds. Some of the surrounding trees are magnificent. A troop of monkeys can sometimes be heard and seen. So can squirrels, darting from tree to tree, or birds and butterflies, depending on the time of the day. Bats can also be found on the hill.
The view from the top over Phuket Town is breathtaking (and romantic, especially at night) and Tunk Ka Cafe captures every breeze, just the way a hilltop glade should. It’s a great place to come to sit on handsome old wrought iron chairs and recover some energy from the heat of the day over an iced coffee or a juicy coconut. It’s equally pleasant for dinner (high quality Thai food on offer) at night under lights. By day and by night, Thais come to the top of the hill in considerable numbers to enjoy the cool air, the greenery and the views. Tunk Ka Cafe guests are normally families, friends and most of the times more than 2 persons. Tunk Ka Cafe is therefore a long time Thai/Chinese hot spot and offers a fitting dish prices.
Just a few food price examples:
- Chicken green curry: Small portion (2 persons) for 150 Baht / big portion (4-5 persons) for 220 Baht
- Fresh fish by weight: 70 Baht per 100 gram (depending on the fish)
Location: Head uphill to the very top of Rang Hill via the tourist road from Mae Luan Road, or take the back road that winds up from alongside the Bangkok Phuket Hospital. Tunk Ka Cafe offers plenty of parking space. Bus often park here so visitors can take in the stunning views.
Tunk Ka Cafe Information
- Distance From Bismarcks Paradise:31 km (46) minutes
- Distance From Central Phuket:3 km (10) minutes
- Price Range:75 - 500 THB
- Number of Tables:50
- Opening Hours:11.00 - 22.00, daily
- Address:Top of Rang Hill, Khosimbi Road, Ratsada, Phuket Town, Phuket 83000
- Telephone:076 211 500
- Website:Website from Tunk Ka Cafe
- Facebook:Facebook from Tunk Ka Cafe
- Contact Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- TripAdvisor Reviews from Tunk Ka Cafe Food: Service: Ambiance: