Taking photos of yourself doing strange things, in weird situations, and making faces and whatnot – selfies – have reached epic proportions. What better thing to do while you’re in Phuket than to visit an entire attraction designed to encourage you to take photos of yourself in weird situations? That’s the Phuket Trickeye Museum. They call themselves an “Interactive art gallery with 3-D murals”.
There are dozens of strange displays you can put yourself in the middle of and take photos of it. What kind of weird situations can you find? You can walk across a street that is opening up into a volcano. You can sit down in a 1888 Vincent van Gogh painting (Café Terrace at Night) or stand around in one of Salvador Dali’s odd scenes. Put your smiling face on the nightly Thailand news. Climb upside down on a ceiling while a massive alligator snaps at your undercarriage. Miniaturize yourself in a gigantic chair while your friend pretends to play with your head. And then, to really blow your mind, bet you never thought you’d be standing around in King Kong’s salad.
The possibilities are endless and ridiculous, but it’s a great place to go for an hour and especially if you have kids. Oh wait, you can’t miss the one where the baby is urinating wine – get creative with that one!
Google reviews show 192 customers giving an average of 3.9 out of 5-stars. On TripAdvisor, the Phuket Trick-Eye Museum did even better with 872 reviews and 4.5 stars. Only two-percent of reviewers gave the attraction ‘poor’ or ‘terrible’. Many commentators say this attraction was a blast for kids and probably the most fun they had on their vacation, outside of playing in the water at the beach or video games at the Central Festival Phuket Mall in Phuket Town.
You can find the Phuket Trickeye Museum on the southeast side of Phuket Island right in Phuket Town at this address: 130/1 Phang Nga Road, Soi Phang Nga 1.
Phuket Trickeye Museum Information
- Distance From Bismarcks Paradise:28.8 km (45) minutes
- Distance From Central Phuket:0.4 km (2) minutes
- Price Range:300 - 500 THB
- Opening Hours:10.00 - 19.00 (last admission: 18.00)
- Address:130/1 Phang Nga Road, Soi Phang Nga 1, Talad Yai, Mueang Phuket District, Phuket 83000
- Telephone:076 212 806 or 090 065 8822
- Website:Website from Phuket Trickeye Museum
- Facebook:Facebook from Phuket Trickeye Museum
- Contact Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- TripAdvisor Reviews from Phuket Trickeye Museum
- TAGS: Cultural Trips