Da Sandro Restaurant, run by Sandro & Frederico Valessio and their mother Kanjana, is a fantastic place to enjoy authentic Italian food & atmosphere in the heart of Kathu Phuket. Da Sandro Restaurant thrives itself to serves the best Italian cuisine in Phuket, by using only the freshest ingredients and their unique family recipes.
Da Sandro’s menu is extensive and includes very authentic Italian dishes, from fresh homemade pasta, perfectly cooked meat and seafood dishes to homemade desserts (especially the homemade gelati). The Valessio family has been making homemade gelato by the name “Gelati Nature” for over 30 years, which makes their gelato a must when visiting Da Sandro. The wine and drink list complements the menu very well and includes Italian, and new world wines for reasonable prices. BTW, you won’t find pizza here as in real Italian tradition it is a “Ristorante’ not a “Pizzeria”.
The interior is nicely and tastefully furnished with love to details and Sandro, who gives a warm welcome to everyone in their different languages is a great guy who is spot on in suggesting you the specialties of the day. Also the waitresses are attentive, friendly and helpful with suggestions for what’s good on a particular day.
During our test diner we tried the following dishes:
- Anchovy salad
a perfectly seasoned green/tomato salad topped with refreshing sour Anchovy Salad Dressing
to spice up flavours (THB 100)
- Rocket and Prawns Salad
Rocket Salad with Prawns and Italian Parmesan Cheese (THB 250)
- Pan-Fried Clams
sautéed with garlic, olive oil and dried chilies (THB 200).
- Baked Cheese Spinach
Oven baked cheese spinach topped with crispy bacon (THB 180)
- Spaghetti Seafood
Spaghetti with tomatoes/white wine sauce served with mixed seafood (clams, squid & prawns) (THB 240)
- Homemade Gnocchi
Homemade Gnocchi served with bacon and cream sauce (THB 220).
SECONDI (main course)
- Catch of the Day
Fresh market fish cooked in tomatoes/white wine sauce served with roasted potatoes and vegetables (THB 300)
- Lamb Shank
cooked in red wine served with white wine risotto and mushrooms (THB 650)
- Homemade tiramisu
layers of sponge cake soaked in coffee with powdered chocolate and mascarpone cheese.
- Homemade Gelati
- Limoncello (THB 80)
- Grappa (THB 100)
All dishes have been cooked to perfection, the taste was very “Italian” and therefore very yummy.
All in all Da Sando Restaurant offers an authentic Italian dining experience and atmosphere far from the touristic spots in a nice ambience. It is one of the few places that we find to be consistently good, which can be a rare thing in Phuket. Said all above we can highly recommend Da Sandro Restaurant because it’s without doubt one of the best and most authentic Italian “Ristorante” in Phuket.
Da Sandro Restaurant Information
- Distance From Bismarcks Paradise:30 km (42) minutes
- Distance From Central Phuket:7 km (11) minutes
- Price Range:70 - 650 THB
- Number of Tables:30
- Opening Hours:Thursday to Tuesday 4pm-11pm, Wednesday closed
- Address:9/366 Vichit Songkram Road, Kathu, Phuket 83120 Phuket
- Telephone:+66 89 728 3113
- Website:Website from Da Sandro Restaurant
- Facebook:Facebook from Da Sandro Restaurant
- Contact Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- TripAdvisor Reviews from Da Sandro Restaurant
- Comments:All in all Da Sando Restaurant offers an authentic Italian dining experience and atmosphere far from the touristic spots in a nice ambience. It is one of the few places that we find to be consistently good, which can be a rare thing in Phuket. Said all above we highly recommend Da Sandro Restaurant because it's without doubt one of the best Italian "Ristorante" in Phuket. Food: Service: Ambiance: