Events and Festivals
Festivals in PhuketPhuket is one of the most culturally rich provinces in all of Thailand. With its large population of Muslims, Chinese immigrants, international expats, and migrant workers from surrounding countries, the festivals brought by such a diverse crowd are some of the most spectacular celebrations around. And that is without taking into account the traditional Thai festivities!
The four main Events and Festivals taking place annually in Phuket:
- Songkran (Thai New Year) in April
- Loi Krathong in November
- The Vegetarian Festival in October
- Chinese New Year at the end of January(or early February)
There are also other notable events and festivals celebrated in Phuket:
- Phuket Bike Week (April): meant to signify unity among Asian bikers
- Phuket King's Cup Regatta (first week of December): Asia's biggest sailing race, launched on the late King Bhumibol Adulyadej 60th birthday in 1987
- New Year's Eve (December 31st): celebrated at the stroke of midnight with fireworks and paper lanterns at all major resorts and establishments
* See below for more information on other local events and festivals in Phuket.