The Boathouse Phuket Restaurant is tastefully appointed and located directly on Kata Beach and belongs to one of the most celebrated restaurants and wine cellars in Thailand. This five-star beach restaurant serves gourmet International and Asian cuisine, including authentic Thai culinary traditions, offers sumptuous yet relaxed setting with top-of-the-range service. With a new Executive Chef, Jonathan Bruell, the Boathouse Phuket restaurant has become again a gourmet’s & fine dine paradise.
History of the Boathouse Phuket:
Khun Mom Luang Tridosyuth Devakul, the creator of the Boathouse Phuket, is a well known and respected artist and architect as well as a descendant of his majesty King Rama IV, better known as King Mongkut in the western world. King Mongkut embraced Western innovations and initiated the modernization of his country, both in technology and culture, earning him the nickname “The Father of Science and Technology” in Siam.
We started our culinary test dinner with 2 cocktails (well and nicely prepared) and the following 3 starters:
- Cream of Potato and leek soup enhanced with truffle oil (THB 300)
- Octopus comfit with lemongrass, lime leaves and butter fly flower (THB 320)
- Pearl Barley and black royal Quinoa Salad with local arugula leaves, red bell pepper, sun flower seeds, pine nuts, red grape and lemon vinaigrette (THB 320)
All starters tasted very well and have been served nicely presented.
Then we choose the following main courses:
- Lamb Shank Massaman (Chef’s recommendation) – The Boathouse’s vintage curry with lamb shank and sweet potatoes (THB 620)
- Orange Marinated Grilled Jidori Chicken with cajun potatoes, grilled green asparagus and tomato salsa (THB 600)
And finally we tried the trio of chocolate desserts which was absolutely yummy.
The Boathouse Phuket is also famous for their selection of wines, many times they won an award of excellence for the 300+ wine selection.
All in all about the Boathouse Phuket.
The The ambience was lovely with a live jazz singer and attentive service and the sunset views were spectacular. The price level was reasonable for food but a bit pricey on drinks.
The Boathouse Phuket Information
- Distance From Bismarcks Paradise:43.3 km (46) minutes
- Distance From Central Phuket:15 km (28) minutes
- Price Range:250 - 2500 THB
- Number of Tables:55
- Opening Hours:11.00 - 23.00
- Address:182 Koktanode Road, Kata Beach, Karon, Phuket 83100, Thailand
- Telephone:076 330 015
- Website:Website from The Boathouse Phuket
- Facebook:Facebook from The Boathouse Phuket
- Contact Email:email@example.com
- TripAdvisor Reviews from The Boathouse Phuket Food: Service: Ambiance: