Koh Racha Yai Island
Tourist Attraction Racha Yai Island, Phuket, Thailand
Koh Racha Yai Island in Racha Yai Island is just km (or minutes) away from Bismarcks Paradise Phuket luxury villas resort.
Koh Racha Yai Island (also known as Koh Raya Yai) is located about 16 km away from Phuket island mainland. Trips to this island start normally from the pier in Chalong Bay which is 25 km away by boat. Few hotels can also be found on Koh Racha Yai, including one 5 star hotel, The Racha.
There are 5 lovely beaches on Koh Racha Yai:
– Ter Bay is a small beach sitting in the northeast.
– Siam or North Bay is located at the north end.
– Patok Bay or Kon Kae Bay can be found in the northwest.
– Lah Bay is a really small beach also sitting in the northeast.
– Buang Hai Bay is a small stony beach located in the southeast.
Koh Racha Yai is visited by many boats, specially during the high season and mostly on half or full day trips.
With most of the boats anchoring in the Patok Bay the beach tends to be very busy but, fortunately, the seawater remains clear and very good for snorkeling.
The Siam Bay beach in the north is where The Racha hotel runs its business.
The other two beaches, Lah Bay and Ter Bay, are nice too but small.
Things to do on Koh Racha Yai: sun bathing, snorkeling, swimming, fishing and diving.