For those of you who love to surf you know how disappointing it can be when the weather or the tides just aren’t cooperating. Luckily there is Surf House Phuket, a place where you can catch waves all day long, no matter what the weather decides to throw at you. Open daily from 10am until 10pm this unique surfing experience offers guests a chance to try their luck or show off their skill in an urban setting without the hassle of crowded beaches and rocky shores.
Located in Kata Beach, right across from Coco Palm Beach Bar and Restaurant, Surf House Phuket is the first of its kind in Phuket. Situated on a high pressure wave generating machine, this large inclined pool is surrounded on 3 sides by thick padded vinyl while the wave machine thrusts four inch deep water from the base to the top of the slope simulating a perfectly consistent surf. A large inflatable divider is used to section off the lanes for children but is easily removed for the staff or expert riders to have more space. Beginners are given a rope to hold on to while an instructor stands on the base holding the other end until the rider finds their balance although most surfers are often free standing by the time their session is up.
Surf House Phuket is a lively, energetic place to spend an afternoon even for those who just wish to watch. With their state of the art sound system pumping out up-beat baselines, the Wipe Out Bar serving a selection of cold beers and custom cocktails, and the Board Riders kitchen serving a variety reinvented western and Thai dishes as well as the classic comfort foods, it’s easy to forget you’re in Thailand and not on on a beach in California!
While it is not the most expensive tourist attraction on the island, sessions do run from 1,000 – 7,000 baht per person, depending on length of time and whether or not you are a member. There are also a number of event nights which offer discounts pertaining to the event name; for instance Industry Wednesday offer professionals in the tourism industry free rides from 9-11pm while the Wet and Wild Fridays offers ladies free surf from 9-11pm. For a full list of their event nights check out their website.
Please note that, while all riders are welcome, there are certain rules and guidelines that all guests must follow, failure to do so could result in the cancellation of your surf session. The rules are as follows:
– Surf House Phuket has the right to refuse intoxicated customers.
– Minimum height to floorboard is 133cm while bodyboarding has a minimum height of 107cm.
– There must not be any hard accessories on your swimwear; including but not limited to buttons, zippers or badges.
– Surfers must check in 20 minutes before their sessions. Sessions may be postponed or cancelled if surfers are late.
Surf House Phuket Information
- Distance From Bismarcks Paradise:43.3 km (74) minutes
- Distance From Central Phuket:15.7 km (38) minutes
- Price Range:1000 - 7000 THB
- Opening Hours:10.00 - 22.00
- Address:4 Pakbang Road, T. Karon, A.Muang, Phuket 83100 Thailand
- Telephone:081 979 7737
- Website:Website from Surf House Phuket
- Facebook:Facebook from Surf House Phuket
- Contact Email:email@example.com
- TripAdvisor Reviews from Surf House Phuket
- TAGS: Wave Surfing